Hello world!

Welcome to global2.vic.edu.au. You have registered with Global2 and by doing so have agreed to the Terms of Service. Basically we want you to be safe and responsible for yourself and others on the web. Global2 is managed by the DEECD Victoria. This is your first post. To edit or delete this you need to learn how to drive your blog dashboard. To access this simply add the code /wp-admin/ to the end of your new Global2 web address. You can also go to http://global2.vic.edu.au/wp-login.php to login.

2 thoughts on “Hello world!

1. Ok Jake. step back for a moment, count to ten, big deep breath and begin. you can do this.
    here we go everybody… I’m blogging! this is pretty much the same approach our students use to writing – Just get started!
    Grade 3-6 are in the initail stages of implementing the daily 5 with our students. this has been bolstered by the wonderful work Sue Hinton is doing with us and the fact the P-2 unit began Daily 5 last year.
    So what have we been doing in our classrooms? well in my classroom we spent the first few weeks choosing “Good Fit” books and building our stamina for reading to self. we have also been reading to others and listening to reading. this have been working well when our grade 3/4s link in with our grade 5/6s. Teachers have been using this time to observe reading behaviours of their students.
    In recent weeks we have shifted our attention to writing and working on words. Sue has been fantastic at modelling how we can go about this in our classrooms. I have finally begun to put up those anchor charts so the children are conatantly reminded of expectations and strategies . I have found the observation of students a little challenging as I naturally want to assist and help students however it has given a greater insight as to the behaviours of some children and their feelings towards literacy -some love it, some are anxious about it, some are just compliant. All in all, I must say we are making progress here in 3/4S and looking forward to the challenges to come.